Search This Blog

15/11/2008

This song reminds me of ...

Those who came to class on Friday (14 Nov) practised description through free writing while listening to songs. The main objective of descriptive texts is to create a vivid image in the interlocutor's mind. You can try short description here by describing the image evoked by a song you like.

Write up to 100 words, but please make sure that you check for grammar, spelling, and vocabulary mistakes before you publish your text. There's no excuse not to do so when you're working at home ;-)

If you wish, you can add an Internet link to your song to share with others!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it!
I didn't know there wass class on friday!! I forgot to look the Friday's timetable!
It's a pitty!
Of course I'll try to do this exercise at my home.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, Leonor. It was for the Mon. and Wed. group; you'd have been welcome, anyway ;-)

Anonymous said...

Ok. Thank you! My head isn't in its place. (I'm sure there's another way to say it but... :-))

Anonymous said...

Even I'm not sure how to do exactly this exercise I've try it...

It's strange because this song doesn't evoke me a clear image, just feelings... but anyway I love it. And it's also curious that this feelings has nothing to do with the lyrics of the song. (I also have to say that I don't understand every sentence in the song although I've used WordReference.com).

The song I'm talking about is "You give me something" by James Morrison. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWdC-ELzfYE

When I hear the song I think in a breaking-off, maybe forced, not wanted. Maybe a breaking-off caused by the death of one in the couple or something like that... So this guy is looking for somebody makes him feel the same he felt but this is impossible because the person he loved used to gave him something special.

I know, I've a lot of imagination! :-)