Search This Blog

15/03/2009

Orangutan Does Housework

Hi there!

Since we've been studying household chores vocabulary, you may want to write a story about the orangutan in this video. A first student starts the story in the comment section and, instead of writing new ones, a second student completes it by adding adjectives, adverbs, or anything the first student might have forgotten. You just have to copy and paste the first student's story in another comment, and so on with the third, fourth, fifth, etc. student.
You should construct a story that suits the orangutan but of course you can set your imagination free by making up any details that make the story a more entertaining one.

[PS. I put this under "Fun stuff," but after reading one of the comments on YouTube, that when orangutans cover their face, that means they're depressed, I'm not so sure I find it fun... I apologize to orangutans in advance in case such comment is right ;-)]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I was a child I used to think that my mother was a maniac for cleaning. That was until my grandma told me a funny story about mom. They, (mom, granddad, grandmom,etc) used to live near to a zoo. My mother has been always a lover of animal, therefore grandad took her every single month to the zoo of Madrid. She already knew all the animals that were there, but she adored orangutan Loui.

One of the times she visited the zoo, she could see that Loui had learnt how to develop some tasks. He was doing housework!!! there were some dishes around him, the dishes that the workers had left with his food. The novelty was that Loui was washing the dishes with water and a rag that somebody might had forgotten.

Cristina I. Sánchez Soto said...

Very good, Lara! Thanks for breaking the ice ;-) Let's see if somebody continues or makes a few changes to your story...